Acceptance Insurance is growing and that growth is driving the need to enhance the depth of the Auto Claims Adjuster teams in our Regional Claims Center. We currently have immediate openings for a Claims Adjuster Level
If you have two years of experience handling auto insurance claims and would like to discuss the opportunities available for you with a company that is growing, we would like to hear from you.
Responsible for investigating and settling vehicle accident claims over the phone and through written correspondence. This level of adjuster will handle claims that require intense coverage or liability investigations. These claims may involve multiple vehicles, excess property damage exposures and first call injury settlements. This position will also serve as a mentor to level I and level II Property Claims Adjusters and may assist in their training and development.
Acceptance Auto Insurance is a retailer, servicer and underwriter of non-standard personal automobile insurance based in Nashville, Tennessee. We currently write non-standard personal automobile insurance in 17 states and are licensed as an insurer in 13 additional states. Our Corporate Headquarters are located in Nashville, TN with Claims Offices located in Nashville, TN, Chicago, IL and Tampa, FL. As of July 1, 2015, we leased and operated over 438 retail locations, staffed by employee-agents. Our employee-agents exclusively sell insurance products either underwritten or serviced by us. Acceptance markets its services through the Acceptance Insurance, Yale Insurance, Insurance Plus and Titan Insurance brands.
Acceptance Insurance offers a full line of benefits including: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Disability Insurance and Employer Matching 401(k) Program.
As a Team Member at Acceptance Insurance, you will be part of growing organization that continues to evolve and positively impact the lives of our customers.
Visit us at www.acceptanceinsurance.com
- Evaluate and investigate policy coverage, liability and damages in a timely manner following a set of general claim and statutory guidelines.
- Assists internal and external customers with problems or questions regarding claims by phone or through written correspondence while providing a high level of customer service.
- Establish initial reserves for all potential exposures and adjust as appropriate throughout the claim.
- Investigate and evaluate claims using a lowest ultimate cost strategy.
- Recognize excess exposures and effectively communicate verbally and in writing to the insured(s).
- Recognize potential exposure of injury and the ability to reach a settlement during the first contact.
- Establish and maintain appropriate diary of open claims following company guidelines.
- Conduct thorough investigations which can include obtaining necessary documents and forms from claimants and insureds and conducting recorded statements.
- Ensure timely completion of appraisals and determine accident related damages.
- Negotiate timely and appropriate settlements with claimants, insureds and attorneys and issue appropriate payments.
- Open and process correspondence related to assigned claims.
- Recognize recovery opportunities in regards subrogation and salvage.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years property claims handling experience.
- Proficient PC and Windows skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication, time management, negotiation, organization and investigative skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) as well as the calculation of averages and percentages.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in Business field or equivalent experience preferred.
- INS or other insurance related courses preferred.
DECISION MAKING REQUIREMENTS
- Problem Solving:
- Problems are identified and further investigation is required in order to make decisions. May require creative thinking in order to resolve difficult and/or unusual claims.
- Freedom to Act:
- Specific responsibilities and objectives are assigned with a requirement to set priorities and make decisions, using established policies and procedures.
- Degree of Impact:
- Improper decisions made in this role will result in possible loss of business, increased expenses and potential legal exposure that could put the company in financial risk.