Sun Life Financial – Car and home insurance #classic #car #insurance

#home and car insurance

Car and home insurance

Special offer only available through Sun Life

You could save 10% on your first year’s premium 1. Get a free quote now to see how much you can save.

Plus there is a NEW discount available for Ontario drivers!

If you’re an Ontario driver you may save 5% when you switch to belairdirect. And, each time you renew your coverage you’ll receive the discount.

Get a no-obligation quote now to see how much you can save.

Car and home insurance through belairdirect is not available in Saskatchewan, Yukon, NWT and Nunavut.

Car Insurance

Q: What is car insurance?

A: Car insurance is your way of being able to cover the expenses that come up if you’re driving and you injure someone or damage someone’s property, or if you get hurt and need medical care. This is called Liability insurance. You can also voluntarily add insurance that gives you coverage for damage to your car caused by a collision, or protection against damage or loss from things like theft or vandalism.

Q: How can I save money on my car insurance?

A: belairdirect offers many ways to save money and keep it where it belongs: in your pocket. Take advantage of discounts, bundles and benefits that can add up to big savings in the long run.

  • Multiple Vehicles at Same Address. Everyone at your address can save up to 15% on their insurance when you all insure your vehicles with belairdirect.
  • Car + Home. Save on your home insurance and get other advantages when you combine your home and car insurance.
  • Student Discount 4 . If you are a full-time student at a recognized college or university in Ontario or a CEGEP student, you’re eligible to save up to 10% on your car insurance.
  • Winter Tire Discount 3 . If you’ve got a dedicated set of four winter tires that you use on your car between December and March, you’re eligible to save up to 5% on your car insurance.
  • Anti-theft Discount. If your car has an electronic anti-theft device (like intensive engraving or a tracking system), you’re eligible to save up to 10% on your Comprehensive Coverage insurance.

Home Insurance

Q: What does home insurance usually cover?

A. Your home insurance mainly covers your property and its contents. Your insurance will generally cover:

  • The building itself
  • The trees and shrubs around it
  • Structures on your property, like a garage or shed
  • Your own personal property, like furniture, electronics, computers, clothing, kitchenware, jewellery and art
  • Additional living expenses if you need to relocate temporarily after making a claim
  • The loss of any rental income after making a claim (the rented portions of the principal residence)

However, your needs are unique, so your coverage will be too. It depends whether your property is a principal or secondary residence, a cottage or condominium, an undivided co-ownership or an apartment.

You can always customize your policy to get the right amount of insurance for your unique needs, like adding specific insurance for a special piece of jewellery or work of art.

Q: If I own a house or condominium, do I have to get home insurance?

A: Unlike motorists – who must by law have car insurance – house and condo owners aren’t legally required to have home insurance. However, it may be a requirement in certain situations. For example:

  • Mortgaged homes

If you want to take out a mortgage to pay for your home, your financial institution may require you to have home insurance. This helps protect the value of the home and the security of their loan in case of something unexpected, like a fire or natural disaster.

  • Condo or co-op units

    If you’re buying a condo or co-op unit, your board may require that you have insurance. You’ll need to double-check with your board, as each is different.

  • Whatever your living situation may be, we strongly recommend that you do get insurance because it not only protects your home and the contents inside, it also gives you liability coverage in case you accidentally injure someone or damage someone’s property anywhere in the world. Let’s say you accidentally cause a fire at a hotel you’re staying at and it causes major damage. The Liability section of your home insurance policy has you covered.

    Q: If I’m a renter, why would I get home insurance?

    A: Although there’s no law about having tenants insurance, there sure are a lot of compelling reasons. So many unexpected things can happen, like a fire or a break-in. If either of these happened, it could cost you thousands to replace your belongings, things like furniture, electronics, appliances, bedding, clothes and jewellery. Your tenants insurance would cover all these things, and the cost of temporary accommodation if you need to move out when repairs are being done. What’s more, if you accidentally injure someone or damage another person’s property anywhere in the world, your liability coverage will protect you, up to the amount of your insurance coverage.

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *