Unsecured Personal Loan
Get a response in 60 seconds
- Pay no establishment fee when you apply for a new Unsecured Personal Loan before 7 th December 2017 *
- Take advantage of a competitive fixed interest rate on new loans of 12.99% p.a. (comparison rate of 14.14% p.a. 1 )
- Apply online – it usually takes less than 10 minutes
- You could access your funds in a Westpac bank account within 60 minutes of final approval, 24/7^
- Apply for between $4,000 and $50,000 (conditions apply
- Apply for a flexible loan term between 1 and 7 years (fees may apply for early repayment) 2
- Choose to refinance Australian, non-Westpac personal loans, credit cards or store cards.
Apply online in less than 10 mins and you could access funds in an eligible Westpac account, within 60 mins of final approval, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as an existing customer ^.
Apply from any device
You can start and complete your Personal Loan application on any device. You can return to and complete unfinished applications made online within 14 days.
Online Status Tracker
Whether you have submitted online, at a branch, or over the phone, you can track your Personal Loan application online.
Repayments you can control
- Choose the frequency of your repayments to suit when you get paid (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) as long as you pay your loan back within 1 to 7 years
- Make extra repayments to repay your loan faster. If you choose a term greater than 2 years, and pay it out in less than 2 years, there is a prepayment fee of $175. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan
- Accept the contract online or at your nearest branch.
Fees and charges
Other fees and charges may be payable. Find out how you can minimise fees and charges on your loan.
Optional Westpac Personal Loan Protection insurance
What happens if you suddenly lose your job or become unfit for work through illness or injury? Financial commitments continue even if your income doesn’t. That’s where Westpac Personal Loan Protection can help.
Depending on individual circumstances, it can cover personal loan repayments until you recover and get back to work. It also helps cover repayments in the event of your death..
Premiums are included as part of the amount you borrow and so are covered in your personal loan repayments.
- You can apply for Westpac Personal Loan Protection when you apply for your Unsecured Personal Loan.
Conditions, limits and exclusions apply. These are explained in the policy wording Personal Loan Protection Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 204KB) . Please read the detail before deciding.
An Unsecured Personal Loan could be used for:
- Consolidating debt
- Refinancing an Australian non-Westpac loan, credit card or store card
- Home renovations
- Other personal aspirations.
This loan must be mainly for personal use. To find out more about business loans, call Westpac Business on 132 142 (8am-8pm, Mon-Fri).
Westpac Unsecured Personal Loan – eligibility
- Aged 18 years or over
- Have regular permanent income
- You need to be a permanent resident of Australia or,
- Non-residents: need to hold an acceptable visa (PDF 181KB) and have confirmed employment in Australia.
What information do I need to provide?
- Details of your current financial situation
- Identification Checklist for Individual Customers (PDF 768KB)
- We may use the contact information that you give us to contact you to help complete your application.
If you’re already a Westpac customer, check that the details we have on record are up to date before proceeding. You can confirm by calling 132 032 or in Westpac Online Banking. Allow 24 hours for records to update.
Ways to apply?
- Online – usually takes less than 10 minutes. You can use any device and can come back to your application within 14 days to complete
- Over the phone by calling 132 651 (8am – 8pm, 7 days a week)
We give conditional approval immediately and a final decision as soon as we receive all required information
What happens after you’ve applied?
- You can track the status of your loan application with our Online Status Tracker
- If we require further information to progress your application we will contact you via phone or email
- If conditionally approved you may need to email documents to us for verification.
- Once documentation is received and verified, you will be sent an email within 2 business days to view your contract and accept online. Note: Non-Westpac customers will be required to come into a branch to be identified after accepting their contract.
- Tell us which account you would like the funds to be sent to. Allow 1 business day for the funds to be transferred to a Westpac account and up to 3 business days for a non-Westpac account.
Give us a call
8am-8pm, 7 days a week
Already started an application?
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
^ Access to Unsecured Personal Loan funds within 60 minutes from final approval is only available for existing Westpac customers, who apply as a single applicant online, with funds being disbursed into their own Westpac account.
Comparison rate information
1. The comparison rate of 14.14% p.a. is based on an Unsecured Personal Loan with a loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
Westpac personal loans are part of the Westpac group, including St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA and Westpac.
More about choosing your loan term
2. Our Unsecured Personal Loans have a standard term of 1 to 7 years. If you choose a term greater than 2 years, and pay it out in less than 2 years, there is a prepayment fee of $175. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan.
More about Personal Loan Protection
Personal Loan Protection is issued by the insurers who are Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (WGIL) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (WLIS) each of which is liable for separate risks under the terms of the policy. This insurance product is distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The policy is not an investment in or deposit with the Bank. No Westpac Group company (other than the Bank as policy distributor and WGIL and WLIS as the product issuers) has any liability in connection with the policy or this document. The Bank does not guarantee payments under the policy.